Travelogue

On the Eve of Nine Emperor Gods Festival 九皇大帝遊行

The parade started on 7:20pm and it is still continue as I am posting this article.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (17)

More than 30+ associations/groups, and thousand of devotees were joining the parade from Ampang Nine Emperor Gods Temple (安邦南天宮九皇爺廟) to Taman Rimba Ampang (多情河), 11km away.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (11)

We left the temple before 8pm, so we did not witness the reception and the return of the Nine Emperor Gods.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (19)

Many local organizers participated with dragon and lion dances. The more interesting characters would be the 电音三太子.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (13)

The weather has been very cooperating because thunder cloud had been building since the afternoon. Without exception, it always rain during the festival (coincide with the raining season).

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (14)

The main chamber of the temple hall was reserved for the preparation, thus visitors and casual devotees were not allowed to enter. Those devotees who participated in the event has to undergo vegetarian diet.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (15)

The devotees were swinging the carriage when the parade made their way to the riverbank to invite the Nine Emperor Gods.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (16)

The temple vicinity and Ampang town were congested with devotees. Music started to sound in my ears ‘smoke gets in your eyes’ while tears were gushing out from my eyes.

Ampang Nine Emperor God Festival 安邦南天宫九皇爷诞 2012 (18)

If time and weather permit, I will visit this festival again on its last day (9th day) to witness the fire walk.  I wish the devotees have a peaceful and rewarding festive celebration for the next 9 days.

While some Chinese celebrating the Nine Emperor Gods Festival, Hindus friends are also celebrating the Navarathiri festival for the same duration, 9 days.

Advertisements

12 responses

1. Anonymous

Hi Bro would you mind to share more photo with me cos on the nite im 1 of the lion dance group and forgot to take photo due to busy to perform.?

October 18, 2012 at 1:21 am

• Hi Anonymous, sure. I am not sure if I happened to take some photos of your group. Feel free to share, especially if you were in the picture. Wish you have a good celebration. cheers.

October 18, 2012 at 8:43 am

• Anonymous

thanks for sharing btw how can you show me all the photo?

October 19, 2012 at 2:06 am

• Hi Anonymous,
        You can email me and show me your picture or group, perhaps I can identify from the images. Then I can email pictures to you the relevant images. Thanks.

October 19, 2012 at 8:15 am

2. Pingback: Sharing the fun and the blogs and the photo tips! – CJH Photography

3. Pingback: Sharing the fun and the blogs and the photo tips! | Nine Emperor Gods Festival

4. Anonymous

Dear tennyson,
    thanks for sharing our lion group is sponsor by magmun 4D, my email is thiamwo@gmail.com and my facebook http://www.facebook.com/Woosoon.

October 19, 2012 at 10:49 am

5. hi tennyson,

Our lion dance group is sponser by magnum 4D and Gintell.you may send it to my email.

October 20, 2012 at 2:22 am

• hi Alex,
      I have browsed through my library and I am sorry to inform you that I did not have the opportunity to meet your team. I could be elsewhere in the temple compound during your visit. Do try to check with other sites, definitely someone could have taken the pictures of the visit by Magnum / Gintell. Cheers.

October 21, 2012 at 9:25 pm

6. noted btw thank you

October 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

7. Pingback: Fire walk @ Nine Emperors God Festival 2013 | Present Moment

8. Pingback: Sharing the fun and the blogs and the photo tips! – CJH Photography