Angkor Archeological Park is 400 sq.km. The size of this ancient city was difficult to comprehend. We bought the 3-day pass, so we could cover the main attractions plus few more temples (some were not temples).
The top 5 sites that I would recommend would be in the order of:
1) Angkor Wat – it even appeared in the Cambodian flag, so you know how important this site would be.
2) Banteay Srei – the sandstone carvings were livelier than drawings.
3) The Bayon – the big faces were my first impression of Angkor.
4) Ta Prohm – who can forget those giant trees and roots that swallowing (still eating) the ancient temple? You could not miss this if you are a fan of Tomb Raider
5) Preah Khan – nothing special from the first glance, but closer look at the architecture would reveal the importance of this site.
Of course, if you like ruins, Beng Mealea would be a good choice (but further afield).
Now let’s see how small was the Lolei Temple （罗蕾寺）. This was the place for the King to pray for rain.